Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
- DO NOT have anything to eat or drink (including water) for six (6) hours prior to the appointment.
- Avoid wearing tight fitting clothes.
- Wear a short-sleeve, loose collar shirt.
- You must have an escort with you that is at least 18 years old or a guardian. You will not be able to drive yourself.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- Take only those medications recommended by the doctor on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or bowel upset, please notify the office.
- Someone must be available to stay with you on the day of surgery after leaving the office.
- Please follow these instuctions carefully to avoid cancellation of your surgery. If you have any questions please contact the office at 303-772-8585.